Spanish at Orchard Academy
The study of languages is integral to the curriculum and benefits learners as they grow to understand cultures, traditions, identity, and celebrate the root of communication in our exploration of modern language study.
Language learning is the doorway to cultural communities and enhancing our students’ achievement and future career opportunities.
In Key Stage 2 at Orchard Academy, we aim;
- To promote our students’ enjoyment and engagement with language learning
- To encourage students to progress in four key skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking in order to enable them to communicate effectively
- To promote students’ curiosity, problem solving skills and deepen their understanding of their own identity and other cultures
- To broaden horizons and challenge stereotypes of Spanish speaking countries through a deepened cultural understanding
- To instil a passion for the lifelong journey of language learning